The BMC Beverage Company Database FAQs
How is the data gathered? What can the data from the BMC Beverage Company Database be used for? What is the cost for the Full BMC Beverage Company Database? What format will I receive my data in? What are the rules regarding use of the data for mailings? Can I use it more than once? How often is the BMC Beverage Company Database updated? Will I be able to sort and filter the data that I receive to create custom reports or targeted mailings? What information is contained in a company profile? How can I get my company listed in the BMC Beverage Company Database? What equipment or software do I need to use when placing an order via the BMC Beverage Company Database shopping cart? After I create and purchase my custom database, will I be able to perform further searches and filter data to prepare special reports or create custom mailing lists?
How is the data gathered?
The BMC Beverage Company Database has been an industry standard for more than 40 years. Each year, Beverage Marketing Corporation conducts a survey of the industry, contacting each company to gather the most accurate data possible.
What can the data from the BMC Beverage Company Database be used for?
Unleash the power of the Database via downloading it by the web, and immediately get started meeting your business objectives!!! You get a database that you can put into the spreadsheet/database program you are most comfortable working with, and use it over and over again or merge relevant portions with other programs including Word, Act, Goldmine, etc. Use the BMC Beverage Company Database for:
- Aligning sales territories
- Mailing Lists
- Target Marketing - Contact only the prospects most likely to buy a particular product in your line-up
- Customer and Prospect Relations Management - Customize the database by adding your day-to-day dealings with the company, planned follow-up, etc.
- Custom Promotions - Develop customized promotions based on company size, brands they carry, location, etc.
- Mass Faxing
- Phone Contact List Merge with CRM Systems - select pertinent records to merge with your CRM system (we suggest that you select only certain fields as the full database is quite robust and might overwhelm some CRM systems)
What is the cost for the Full BMC Beverage Company Database?
The price for the full database on CD-ROM is $5,495. Since we are always adding new companies and updating existing companies in our database on a regular basis, the company counts for our 11 category specific databases and customized databases change regularly. For the most up-to-date information, please contact us at 800-332-6222 x252 for company counts and pricing.
In what format will I receive my BMC Beverage Company Database?
Your data will be provided in Microsoft Excel.
What are the rules regarding use of the data for mailings? Can I use it more than once?
You can use the data as often as you like! The only restrictions are that you may not share or resell the data, or use it to create a product that competes with Beverage Marketing Corporation (for example, you cannot use the data as the basis for producing a database or directory for resale.)
How often is the BMC Beverage Company Database updated?
The BMC Beverage Company Database is updated literally all the time on an ongoing basis. We are constantly adding new beverage companies, brands, personnel and more to it along with updating existing listings to keep them as accurate as possible.
Will I be able to sort and filter the data that I receive to create custom reports or targeted mailings?
Yes. You are receiving an actual database file which you can manipulate any way you see fit to extract the data you need. You can sort and filter using a wide range of criteria including location, employee size, sales volume range, brands carried, etc. You can also add to the database as you use it, to create a customized, "real time" record for your business.
What information is contained in a company profile?
Information varies by company type. However, all company profile records contain:
- Company Name
- Key People
- Many categories also include # of employees, fleet size, sales volume range, # of bottling lines, county, etc. To view sample data for each category, click on the "Sample Data" button on the left hand side of the main screen within the Web Delivery system.
How can I get my company listed in the BMC Beverage Company Database?
Go to https://www.beveragemarketing.com/getlisted.asp and follow the instructions. Our staff will evaluate your application for inclusion in the BMC Beverage Company Database.
What equipment or software do I need to use when placing an order via the BMC Beverage Company Database shopping cart?
All you need to view and order is an Internet connection and Excel!
After I create and purchase my custom database, will I be able to perform further searches and filter data to prepare special reports or create custom mailing lists?
Absolutely! You will be able to filter data to produce reports based on a wide range of criteria.
Consider this example: You sell pallets to beverage distributors.
You purchase a BMC Beverage Company Database including all bottled water, soft drink and beer distributors.
From that database, here are just a few of the custom reports and targeted marketing activities you can perform using your database:
- Produce a report of companies with more than 50 trucks, and run a special promotion for high volume orders.
- Produce a report of companies carrying certain brands. Send a customized promotion listing brand-specific pallet specifications.
- Separate companies by territory: state, county or zip code, etc. for use by regional sales people.
- Add your own pertinent sales data to the database so managers can track sales results by region, by size of customer, etc.
- Merge data to produce mailing labels for all distributors.
- Filter data to produce a mailing list and labels for all companies that sell a certain brand in a particular state.
- Merge mailing information with a word processing program to produce personalized sales letters.
- Export contact information into your cutomer relations management software (CRM).