The cultural tide is shifting toward full legalization in countries like Canada and the United States, positioning cannabis at the forefront of a new wave of supply chain logistics innovation. After regulatory issues, distribution is the number one challenge for cannabis companies - but it is a core competency for the beverage industry, presenting a logical and profitable entry point into cannabis for the food and beverage industry.
The legalization push for cannabis also coincides at the precise time of the maturation and mainstream adoption of blockchain technology, which at a fundamental technical level is perfectly positioned to streamline the cannabis supply chain, while also solving a myriad of regulatory headaches for the cannabis industry.
- 2018 Edition - Published June 2018.
- 85+ pages with extensive text analysis, graphs and charts.
- Immediate download, PDF format 3-user access.
What's Inside? View Details
Get superior data, market insights and industry perspective to analyze beverage segments, evaluate opportunities and benchmark performance.
Current Supply Chain Ecosystem
- Food and Beverage Industry Supply Chain
- Current Snapshot and How We Got to Today in Cannabis Supply Chain
- Leading Cannabis Distributors
- Vertical Integration
- Vertically Integrated Companies to Watch
Cannabis Supply Chain Challenges
- Additional Concerns
Opportunities for Food and Beverage Supply Chain Collaboration
- Sales and Marketing
- Partnerships and Investments
- Understanding the Impact of Seed-to-Sale
- Supply Chain Technology Categories
- The Case For a Distributed Tracking Technology
- How Blockchain Works
- A Perfect Fit
- A Specific Cannabis Use Case
- Cryptocurrencies Explained
- Potential Consumer Impact
- Consumer Safety and the Blockchain
- Interesting Blockchain Supply Chain Projects
- Blockchain Activity in the Beverage Industry
- Key Takeaways
- Areas for Deeper Dive & Consideration
- Industry Insights
- Interview with Eric Spitz
- Interview with Terry Blevins
- Interview with Chris Boudreau
- Interview with Pranav Snood
- Interview with Dr. Darin Detwiler
- Interview with Will Jasper
- Glossary of Terms
HVCK Company Page
BMC Company Page