The probiotic segment continues to grow, though at a decelerated pace than it has enjoyed in earlier years. Will innovation delivering expanded functionality through broader gut-health and immunity benefits combined with broader based consumer acceptance result in a return to double-digit gains?
Beverage Marketing Corporation considers the possibilities in its revamped industry report entitled: Gut-Health and Immunity Beverages in the U.S. The question is a particularly important one as this report analyzes a beverage type (probiotics) that is relatively new and bridges the gap between food and beverages. Its success is one that has — and will — inspire continued innovation within the category as well as for other fledgling segments. Already, new entrants have stretched the boundaries of the category definition beyond its traditional yogurt beverage roots. (Not to mention, stretching the category to include prebiotics; thus the new emphasis on “gut-health.”) Although gut-health beverages have become steady growers, entrepreneurs and market veterans alike can glean key insights on future innovation, market trends and consumer drivers. Impact of the coronavirus pandemic is also discussed.
While difficult to quantify, the qualitative aspects of immunity beverages are also discussed since they are closely related to gut-health.
- 2022 Edition - Published March 2022.
- Data through 2021 and market projections through 2026.
- 25+ pages with extensive text analysis, graphs and charts.
- Immediate download, PDF and Word formats, 3-user access.
What's Inside? View Details
Get superior data, market insights and industry perspective to analyze beverage segments, evaluate opportunities and benchmark performance.
The Probiotic Beverage Market pg 1
- Overview pg 1
- Volume and Per Capita Consumption pg 4
- Wholesale and Retail Dollar Sales pg 4
Leading Companies and Brands pg 6
- Volume by Brand pg 6
- Wholesale Dollar Sales by Brand pg 7
- Lifeway pg 8
- Olipop pg 10
- Poppi pg 11
- Culture Pop pg 12
- Huzzah! pg 12
- Hellowater pg 13
- GoodBelly pg 14
- Karma Wellness Water pg 16
- GoLive pg 18
The Projected Probiotic Beverage Market pg 19
- 1 U.S. RTD Probiotic Beverage Market Estimated Volume and Growth 2012 – 2026 pg 21
- 2 U.S. RTD Probiotic Beverage Market Per Capita Consumption 2012 – 2026 pg 22
- 3 U.S. RTD Probiotic Beverage Market Estimated Wholesale Dollars, Price per Gallon and Growth 2012 – 2026 pg 23
- 4 U.S. RTD Probiotic Beverage Market Estimated Retail Dollars, Price per Gallon and Growth 2012 – 2026 pg 24
- 5 Leading Probiotic Beverage Brands Estimated Volume 2015 – 2021 pg 25
- 6 Leading Probiotic Beverage Brands Share of Volume 2015 – 2021 pg 26
- 7 Leading Probiotic Beverage Brands Change in Volume 2016 – 2021 pg 27
- 8 Leading Probiotic Beverage Brands Estimated Wholesale Dollar Sales 2015 – 2021 pg 28
- 9 Leading Probiotic Beverage Brands Share of Wholesale Dollar Sales 2015 – 2021 pg 29
- 10 Leading Probiotic Beverage Brands Change in Wholesale Dollar Sales 2016 – 2021 pg 30